Instrumentation & Monitoring
Purpose and Applications
- Extensometers are used to measure movements of soil and rock along a single axis
- Monitoring settlement in excavations, foundations, and embankments.
- Monitoring subsidence above mines and tunnels.
- Monitoring movements in rock slides, walls, and abutments.
- Monitoring consolidation of soil under embankments and surcharges.
- Monitoring compression of piles and soil under piles.
- Monitoring spread in embankments.
- Monitoring convergence in underground openings, such as tunnels.